Decision of the Prime Minister No. 21 of 2020
The Prime Minister,
In reference of the provisions of the Amended Basic Law of 2003, as amended,
The provisions of the Presidential Decree No. 9 of 2020 Concerning the Declaration of the State of Emergency,
The provisions of the Law by Decree No. 7 of 2020 Concerning the State of Emergency, particularly the provisions of Article 1 thereunder,
Based upon my authorisation of the powers and competences necessary to achieve the purposes of the declaration of the state of emergency,
The powers bestowed upon me under the legislation in force,
In preservation of public health and safety, and
In pursuance of the public interest,
Hereby promulgates the following Decision:
1. For the purposes of controlling the outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19) and preserving the safety of citizens, the following shall be prohibited:
a. Movement and access between the governorates, cities, villages, towns, and refugee camps of the homeland every day from 12:00 am until 7:00 am.
b. Work at commercial and industrial institutions, premises, and establishments, all occupations, and means of transportation every day from 12:00 am to 7:00 am.
2. Wedding halls and special events facilities shall be closed down. It shall be forbidden to organise wedding parties, celebrations of all types and forms, or to hold funeral houses, festivals, or gatherings throughout the homeland.
3. Notwithstanding the provisions of Paragraph 1 of this Article, restaurants, coffee shops, and sports clubs shall operate under a pledge to be submitted by respective owners to the governors, stating compliance with the implementation of the provisions of the General Health Protocol and with an operating capacity of not more than fifty percent (50%) of their usual capacity.
4. The bodies specified under Paragraph 1 of this Article must abide by and comply with implementing the provisions of the approved General Health Protocol, which regulates public health and safety preventive measures to be applied by commercial and industrial institutions, premises and establishments, all occupations, drivers of public transportation vehicles, and citizens.
The cities, villages, refugee camps, and neighbourhoods, which are infected by COVID-19, shall be locked down. Quarantine shall be imposed on citizens therein in accordance with the effective laws and instructions issued forth in this regard.
Compulsory quarantine shall be enforced and applied to each person who is proven to have contracted COVID-19 or the contacts of infected persons. They shall be banned from going out of their homes and quarantine facilities except when instructions are issued forth by the competent authorities.
For the purposes of enforcing and complying with the provisions of this Decision:
1. The Daily Field Monitoring Committee for Combatting COVID-19, established under the Council of Ministers’ Decision No. (02/68/18/CoM/MA) of 2020, and the Field Monitoring and Inspection Committees, established under the Council of Ministers’ Decision No. (03/68/18/CoM/MA) of 2020, shall perform their duties and functions as provided for under the Decision on the establishment of each, and monitor compliance with and abidance by the provisions of Article 1 of this Decision.
2. Emergency committees in the governorates shall provide assistance to medical teams and intensify control to ensure public safety.
1. Workers inside the Green Line shall be prohibited from commuting daily between their places of residence and workplaces.
2. All workers shall be banned from working inside settlements.
Each head of government department shall determine the number of employees to perform the tasks required at headquarters and call them to resume work thereat. Excluded from this shall be the infected areas, where they and the rest of employees shall be assigned to work in the directorates, each in their own governorate, ensuring that the role of directorates in providing services to citizens is strengthened, while taking account of public health and safety measures.
1. Each person who violates any of the provision of this Decision shall be liable to the penalties provided for under the Law by Decree No. 7 of 2020 Concerning the State of Emergency and the pieces of legislation and decisions issued forth in accordance with it.
2. In addition to any other penalty prescribed under the pieces of legislation and decisions in force, commercial and industrial institutions, premises and establishments, all occupations, wedding halls, and special events facilities shall be closed down for a maximum period of one month when they violate any of the provisions of this Decision.
All the competent authorities, each one within its sphere of jurisdiction, shall implement the provisions of this Decision, which shall enter into force as of the date of its promulgation and shall be published in the Official Gazette.
Promulgated in the city of Ramallah on September 4th, 2020 Anno Domini,
Corresponding to Muharram 16th, 1442 Anno Hegira.
Dr. Mohammad Shtayyeh