Decision of the Prime Minister No. 17 of 2020
The Prime Minister,
In reference of the provisions of the Amended Basic Law of 2003, as amended,
The provisions of the Presidential Decree No. 4 of 2020 Concerning the Declaration of the State of Emergency,
The provisions of the Presidential Decree No. 5 of 2020 Concerning the Extension of the State of Emergency,
The Law by Decree No. 7 of 2020 Concerning the State of Emergency, particularly the provisions of Article 1 thereunder,
The Law by Decree No. 17 of 2020 Concerning the Public Health and Safety Preventive Measures and their Violation during the State of Emergency,
Based upon my authorisation of the powers and competences necessary to achieve the purposes of the declaration of the state of emergency,
The powers bestowed upon me under the legislation in force,
In preservation of public health and safety, and
In pursuance of the public interest,
Hereby promulgates the following Decision:
1. The governorate of Hebron shall be completely locked down. Access out and into it or any of its areas, cities, towns, villages, and refugee camps shall be totally banned. The movement of citizens throughout the governorate shall be prevented for a period of five days, as of the date of this Decision, to enable medical teams to control the epidemiological situation.
2. Notwithstanding the provisions of Paragraph 1 of this Article, bakeries, groceries, supermarkets, pharmacies, and factories shall be allowed to operate, taking account of and complying with public safety conditions.
The city of Nablus shall be completely locked down. Access out and into it shall be totally banned as of the date of the promulgation of this Decision until 8:00 pm on Monday, June 22nd, 2020, to enable medical teams to finalise tracking of the epidemic map in the city.
Wedding parties and celebrations of all types, receptions, graduation parties, funeral houses, public meetings and gatherings of all forms, reasons and occasions shall be strictly forbidden throughout governorates of the homeland and on pain of prosecution.
All public and private economic and service establishments, factories and commercial premises of various types, as well as coffee shops, restaurants and shops of all kinds, must comply with public safety conditions as announced by the competent authorities.
The Police shall assume the task of enforcing the provisions of this Decision throughout governorates of the homeland. To this avail, they shall be assisted by the competent departments at the Ministry of Health and Ministry of National Economy.
1. It has been decided to minimise the movement of State personnel at ministries and government institutions between governorates, except as needed. Ministers and those of similar status, including heads of government departments, shall be authorised to take necessary measures to implement the provisions of this Article.
2. The provisions of this Article shall not apply to the State personnel residing in the governorate of Hebron, where their work shall be arranged within the governorate by the competent head of government department.
1. Complete quarantine and strict lockdown shall be imposed on each city, town, village, refugee camp, or neighbourhood in which COVID-19 spreads in a manner that poses a risk to citizens in such area.
2. The health quarantine centres, which were closed, shall be reopened throughout the governorates. Private and community-based hospitals must be prepared to provide any assistance or service, upon request.
3. Emergency committees throughout cities, towns, and villages must work towards supporting the operations of security agencies, particularly in the areas that are difficult to reach.
Each person who violates a provision of this Decision shall be subject to the penalties provided for under the Law by Decree No. 7 of 2020 Concerning the State of Emergency and the Law by Decree No. 17 of 2020 Concerning Public Health and Safety Preventive Measures and their Violation during the State of Emergency.
All provisions that contradict the provisions of this Decision shall be repealed.
All the competent authorities, each one within its sphere of jurisdiction, shall implement the provisions of this Decision, which shall enter into force as of the date of its promulgation and shall be published in the Official Gazette.
Promulgated in the city of Ramallah on June 20th, 2020 Anno Domini,
Corresponding to Shawwal 28th, 1441 Anno Hegira.
Dr. Mohammad Shtayyeh