Decision of the Prime Minister No. 15 of 2020
The Prime Minister,
In reference of the provisions of the Amended Basic Law of 2003, as amended,
The provisions of the Presidential Decree No. 4 of 2020 Concerning the Declaration of the State of Emergency,
The Law by Decree No. 7 of 2020 Concerning the State of Emergency, particularly the provisions of Article 1 thereunder,
Having reviewed the General Health Protocol on Public Health and Safety Preventive Measures, approved on May 5th, 2020,
Based upon my authorisation of the powers and competences necessary to achieve the purposes of the declaration of the state of emergency,
The powers bestowed upon me under the legislation in force,
In preservation of public health and safety, and
In pursuance of the public interest,
Hereby promulgates the following Decision:
1. It shall be allowed to operate all types of businesses, occupations, professions, and workshops, open all commercial premises and malls, and industrial establishments, and carry out all commercial and industrial activities throughout the Palestinian territory every day from 10:00 am to 7:30 pm, as of the moment this Decision is promulgated on May 16th, 2020, until 7:30 pm sharp on Friday, May 22nd, 2020.
2. The provisions of Paragraph 1 of this Article shall not be applicable to coffee shops, amusement parks, theatres, clubs, reception of customers at restaurants, educational and vocational facilities, schools, kindergartens, universities, and tourist centres and places.
3. All citizens, workers, employers, and professionals must comply with the provisions of the General Health Protocol, which regulates public health and safety preventive measures to be applied by institutions, commercial premises, occupations, drivers of public transportation vehicles, and citizens, as approved and issued forth in this regard.
1. Movement and access in all cities, refugee camps, and villages throughout the homeland shall be banned as of 7:30 pm on Friday, May 22nd, 2020 to 12:00 am on Monday, May 25th, 2020.
2. All public and private facilities, commercial premises and malls, industrial establishments, companies, and offices shall be closed down, and all commercial and industrial activities of all types and operations, as mentioned under Article 1 of this Decision, shall be suspended throughout the Palestinian territory during the periods specified under Paragraph 1 of this Article, with the exception of bakeries and pharmacies.
Each person who violates a provision of this Decision shall be subject to the penalties provided for under the Law by Decree No. 7 of 2020 Concerning the State of Emergency.
All provisions that contradict the provisions of this Decision shall be repealed.
All the competent authorities, each one within its sphere of jurisdiction, shall implement the provisions of this Decision, which shall enter into force as of the date of its promulgation and shall be published in the Official Gazette.
Promulgated in the city of Ramallah on May 16th, 2020 Anno Domini,
Corresponding to Ramadan 23rd, 1441 Anno Hegira.
Dr. Mohammad Shtayyeh