Decision of the Council of Ministers No. 10 of 2020
The Prime Minister,
In reference of the provisions of the Amended Basic Law of 2003, as amended,
The provisions of the Presidential Decree No. 1 of 2020 Concerning the Declaration of the State of Emergency throughout the Palestinian Territory to Confront the Threat and Prevent the Outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19),
The Law by Decree No. 7 of 2020 Concerning the State of Emergency, particularly the provisions of Article 1 thereunder,
The Presidential Decree No. 3 of 2020 Concerning the Extension of the State of Emergency,
The Law by Decree No. 9 of 2020 Concerning the Approval of the Extension of the State of Emergency,
Based upon our delegation of authority and powers necessary to achieve the purposes of the declaration of the state of emergency,
The powers bestowed upon me under the legislation in force,
In preservation of public health and safety, and
In pursuance of the public interest,
Hereby promulgates the following Decision:
1. The Monetary Authority shall be requested to allocate the amount of (three hundred million) US dollars in support of small and medium enterprises, which have sustained damage by the declaration of the state of emergency due to the threat of COVID-19, by providing facilities to grant them concessionary loans from banks and other financial institutions and mandate [the latter] to do so.
2. Tax incentives shall be offered to the employers and owners of establishments and enterprises, who have incurred damage by the declaration of the state of emergency due to the threat of COVID-19, but have paid the wages of their workers and have not dismissed them from work or taken any measures against them.
3. Financial assistance shall be presented to almost (forty thousand) workers who have been unemployed in the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
In governmental procurements, full preference shall be given to conforming local medical and health products needed to combat the spread of and prevent viruses.
The wage of two working days shall be deducted from all state personnel, both military and civil, at all ministries, public departments, authorities and institutions, private establishments, institutions of the Palestine Liberation Organisation, and embassies, as well as every person who receives his salary from the Public Treasury, to the benefit of the Public Treasury. Such shall be recommended to the President of the State. Excluded shall be all those who earn salaries that are lower than NIS (2,000).
1. The Land Authority and Land and Water Settlement Commission shall be allowed to operate in the governorates of Nablus, Jericho, Tubas, Jenin, Tulkarem, Qalqiliya and Salfit, provided that health instructions are observed, distancing between employees and users is kept, and compliance with the use of preventive health tools and equipment is maintained.
2. Everybody must take health precautions when entering commercial places and hubs. The owners of these premises must regulate the entry and exit of citizens, observe distancing between them, use preventive health equipment and tools. Each owner of such premises who violates the provisions of this Paragraph shall be punished by the closure of the premises in accordance with the provisions of the law and [shall be subject to] the penalties prescribed under the Law by Decree No. 7 of 2020 Concerning the State of Emergency.
Each person who violates a provision of this Decision shall be subject to the penalties prescribed under the Law by Decree No. 7 of 2020 Concerning the State of Emergency.
All provisions that contradict the provisions of this Decision shall be repealed.
All the competent authorities, each one within its sphere of jurisdiction, shall implement the provisions of this Decision, which shall enter into force as of the date of its promulgation and shall be published in the Official Gazette.
Promulgated in the city of Ramallah on April 27th, 2020 Anno Domini,
Corresponding to Ramadan 4th, 1441 Anno Hegira.
Dr. Mohammad Shtayyeh