Decision of the Prime Minister No. 3 of 2020
The Prime Minister,
In reference of the provisions of the Amended Basic Law of 2003, as amended,
Based upon the powers vested in me in accordance with the provisions of the Presidential Decree No. 1 of 2020 Concerning the Declaration of the State of Emergency throughout the Palestinian Territory to Confront the Threat and Prevent the Outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), and the powers it delegates to me in my capacity as the Prime Minister,
The powers bestowed upon me under the legislation in force,
In preservation of public health and safety, and
In pursuance of the public interest,
Hereby promulgates the following Decision:
All governorates of the homeland shall be locked down. Movement to and from them shall be completely banned. Citizens in towns, villages and refugee camps shall be prevented from accessing city centres.
All the directorates and offices of ministries and official departments shall be closed down throughout governorates of the homeland, with the exception of the directorates and offices of the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Finance, Ministry of National Economy, Ministry of Social Development, and Authority of Civil Affairs.
Compulsory home quarantine shall be implemented and applied to all the citizens and residents within the Palestinian territory. Hence, they shall be prevented from going out of and leaving their homes as of 10:00 pm today, March 22, 2020, until new decisions are issued forth in this regard.
Excluded from the provisions of Article 3 of this Decision shall be the workers in:
1. Health facilities, pharmacies, and support services.
2. Fuel and gas filling stations.
3. Bakeries, groceries, and shops selling food supplies.
4. Local councils, water and electricity services.
5. Regular courts in accordance with the decisions issued forth by the Chairman of the Transitional High Judicial Council, provided that these be limited for the purposes of hearing the decisions on detention, requests for release, and applications for reclaiming detention warrants in judgement enforcement actions, and of considering the crimes committed in violation of the provisions of [the state of] emergency and the decisions issued forth in accordance with it.
6. Practicing lawyers who appear before regular courts only for the purposes of arguing cases before regular courts for the purposes provided for under Paragraph 5 of this Article, by presenting the valid practice card and stating the session or submission of the application.
All persons who arrive from outside the county through any crossing point or border outlet whatsoever shall be placed in compulsory quarantine for a period of fourteen days in the quarantine centres designated in each governorate.
All the banks operating in the State of Palestine and other financial institutions must take necessary procedures and measures, by which they observe the state of emergency in their operations and during the working hours of their employee, along with presenting their job cards whenever they are requested to do so.
The National Security Forces and Police, in cooperation with the rest of the security forces, shall assume the task of enforcing the provisions of this Decision by deploying their forces inside cities and villages and controlling their entrances, with a view to maintain public security and public health.
The provisions of this Decision shall be applicable for a period of fourteen days as of the date of its entry into effect, or until other decisions are issued forth in this regard.
All the competent authorities, each one within its sphere of jurisdiction, shall implement the provisions of this Decision, which shall enter into force as of the date of its promulgation and shall be published in the Official Gazette.
Promulgated in the city of Ramallah on March 22nd, 2020 Anno Domini,
Corresponding to Rajab 27th, 1441 Anno Hegira.
Dr. Mohammad Shtayyeh