Decision of the Prime Minister No. 6 of 2020
The Prime Minister,
In reference of the provisions of the Amended Basic Law of 2003, as amended,
The provisions of the Presidential Decree No. 1 of 2020 Concerning the Declaration of the State of Emergency throughout the Palestinian Territory to Confront the Threat and Prevent the Outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19),
The Law by Decree No. 7 of 2020 Concerning the State of Emergency, particularly the provisions of Article 1 thereunder,
Based upon our delegation of authority and powers necessary to achieve the purposes of the declaration of the state of emergency,
The powers bestowed upon me under the legislation in force,
In preservation of public health and safety, and
In pursuance of the public interest,
Hereby promulgates the following Decision:
1. Approve the electronic tracking system for the persons subject to the instructions of home quarantine or the place designated for quarantine, in accordance with the executive plan adopted by Her Excellency the Minister of Health.
2. The competent bodies at the Ministry of Health and competent law enforcement agencies shall be mandated to implement the executive plan approved for the electronic tracking system as well as the provisions of this Decision.
1. Each person who is subject to home quarantine or the place designated for quarantine shall be placed under electronic tracking by the competent health bodies and staff and law enforcement agencies throughout the period prescribed for quarantine.
2. Electronic monitoring shall be conducted by means of an electronic application, which locates the position of the person subject to quarantine based on the GPS and internet service.
3. The electronic tracking application shall be downloaded on the mobile telephone of the person subject to quarantine for the purposes of tracking his movements outside his home or the place designated for quarantine and bring him back to it.
The purpose of downloading and activating the electronic tracking application on the telephones of the persons subject to home quarantine or the place designated for quarantine shall be restricted to the provisions of Paragraph 3 of Article 2 of this Decision. Their privacy may not be violated. Any data or information on their mobile telephones may not be viewed or accessed.
The Ministry of Health shall assume the task of compiling lists of the names of persons determined to be subject to home quarantine or the place designated for quarantine in order to coordinate with the competent law enforcement agencies for the purposes of implementing the provisions of this Decision.
1. The person who is subject to home quarantine or the place designated for quarantine must be informed that he is subject to electronic tracking and of downloading the application on his mobile telephone.
2. Each person who is subject to home quarantine or the place designated for quarantine and is under electronic tracking must be committed in writing not to leave or keep away from his mobile telephone, and must undertake not to leave his home or the place designated for quarantine, in accordance with the form which is approved by the Ministry of Health.
3. Relatives to the first and second degrees of consanguinity of the person subject to quarantine, who live with or in close proximity to him, shall be assigned to keep him inside, and prevent him from leaving, the place designated for quarantine, and report to the competent authorities immediately when he leaves it.
All provisions that contradict the provisions of this Decision shall be repealed.
All the competent authorities, each one within its sphere of jurisdiction, shall implement the provisions of this Decision, which shall enter into force as of the date of its promulgation and shall be published in the Official Gazette.
Promulgated in the city of Ramallah on March 30th, 2020 Anno Domini,
Corresponding to Sha’ban 6th, 1441 Anno Hegira.
Dr. Mohammad Shtayyeh