Decision of the Council of Ministers No. 7 of 2020
The Prime Minister,
In reference of the provisions of the Amended Basic Law of 2003, as amended,
The provisions of the Presidential Decree No. 1 of 2020 Concerning the Declaration of the State of Emergency throughout the Palestinian Territory to Confront the Threat and Prevent the Outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19),
The Law by Decree No. 7 of 2020 Concerning the State of Emergency, particularly the provisions of Article 1 thereunder,
Based upon our delegation of authority and powers necessary to achieve the purposes of the declaration of the state of emergency,
The powers bestowed upon me under the legislation in force,
In preservation of public health and safety, and
In pursuance of the public interest,
Hereby promulgates the following Decision:
1. Continue to close all educational and vocational facilities, including schools, kindergartens, universities, institutes, centres, and so forth.
2. Continue to close all governorates of the homeland, completely prevent movement from and into them, and prevent citizens in towns, villages and refugee camps from accessing city centres.
3. Continue to close bridges, crossing points, and all outlets between the State of Palestine and the rest of the world.
1. Continue to lockdown the cities of Bethlehem, Beit Jala and Beit Sahur and prevent movement and access within them completely.
2. Close down petrol and gas filling stations, bakeries, groceries and shops selling food supplies throughout the rest of the homeland every day from 5:00 pm until 10:00 am.
1. Impose compulsory quarantine on all Palestinian workers returning from their workplaces inside the Green Line for a period of fourteen days, taking into account the instructions issued forth by the competent authorities in this respect.
2. Each person who shows symptoms of COVID-19 must contact the closest health centre immediately in order to take necessary health and medical measures.
Each person who violates a provision of this Decision shall be subject to the penalties provided for under the Law by Decree No. 7 of 2020 Concerning the State of Emergency.
All provisions that contradict the provisions of this Decision shall be repealed.
All the competent authorities, each one within its sphere of jurisdiction, shall implement the provisions of this Decision, which shall enter into force as of the date of its promulgation and shall be published in the Official Gazette.
Promulgated in the city of Ramallah on April 3rd, 2020 Anno Domini,
Corresponding to Sha’ban 10th, 1441 Anno Hegira.
Dr. Mohammad Shtayyeh